Translate

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Clementine's In Season








I woke up early again. Heavy headed, tossing and turning till I finally stumbled out the door at 10:20am. I needed something sweet and all I could think about on my way to coffee was Toffee Chip...Toffee Chip. So, of course, I stopped at Anthony's Cookies. "Is that it, just a toffee chip?" The gentleman at the counter asks. And when presented with that, I think it would be easy to guess that I also got the semi-sweet chocolate chip. Friends to the left of me friends to the right walking down Valencia St. It was great to bump into Clementine and her parents Kevin and Jenny. I convinced them to walk with me toward Ritual. And then I convinced them to walk with me to Rodger's coffee & tea when Ritual was overflowed. We bumped into my friend Bianca of Bianca Starr en route. Her boutique just opened a few weeks ago but she is already getting raves from the SF Gate and such. Bianca supported our stop at Rodgers, as it is her neighborhood spot. I tried the Kenya Blend today. Rodger even let me sample for the 2nd week in a row, his concoction of beignet and some mix of bacon, caramel and nuts, that you dip it into. How could I resist such offers? Sitting with the family I lured into this deliciousness, I remembered a trip we all had took to Barbados some 2 years ago. That was when little Ms. Clementine was conceived. Today, 4 teeth and counting she offered up so much love. Children are amazing that way. I left the store armed and ready for a solo brunch at Bar Tartine. I sparkled with water. Did you know that's the new restaurant movement, house sparkle. Me likey, very, very much. I paired the Gewürztraminer from Navarro with Tartine's Sonoma foie gras panini, crabapple jam, brioche, rocket and green salad and flew off to the clouds. When I landed on the surface again, I continued my voyage down Valencia, up 16th Street to Market, walked through Castro, over Dolores Park way and back to Ritual for another attempt. Carmel, a Barista, exclaimed her Gibraltar, her finest and I insisted I shoot a shot of her and this creation for my blog. Her picture and others of this experience are seen above. Enjoy the rest of your day, whoever is reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment