Translate

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Got My Fix At Bistro Aix

Thursday night I met some friends in the Marina at Bistro Aix.  It was my first time and I heard they had just gone through some extensive renovations. Whatever it was, this place was fabulous.  It all started with Cotes de Provence Rose, Domaine Houchart, 2009.  The kitchen brought us the Grilled Monterey Calamari with Black Olive, White Bean Crostini, Lemon, Olive Oil & Parsley Salad.  This was flawless and everyone was grabbing for more bread to scoop up the remaining sauce that lingered around the dish.  It was literally, some of the best squid I have ever had. I have been talking about it for 2 days.

We decided to share  more starters as well. The first thing that stood out for me was the Burrata with Ligurian Olive Oil and Spring Vegetables. It was delicate and soft and oh so sublime. The House Cured Salmon also had a great impression on us with it's Dill Cream, Potato Galette & Mixed Baby Greens.

We ordered both the Wild Arugula Salad with Cara Cara Orange, fior di Sardo & Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette and the Bolinas Baby Beets with baby Spinach, Goat Cheese & Seville Orange Vinaigrette. We had a vegan at the table, what can I say... But they were excellent to boot.

I kept getting more impressed with the place as my Grilled Sun Farms Top Sirloin came out with Watercress, French Fries & Anchoide Butter.  At this point, I was onto red wine by the glass.  Many glasses actually.  The meat was tender, rare and quite satisfying.

I seem to recall dessert.  I am remembering a Crème brûlée of sorts and I am sure more.  See what good times with good friends will do to ya? 

No comments:

Post a Comment