Translate

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Second Helping Of FRANCES

Last night was my second trip to FRANCES. It was outstanding. Everything Jake and I ordered knocked our socks off. It all began with the Panisse Frites -Crispy Chickpea Fritters with a Meyer Lemon Aioli. They were thick and moist and went too fast. We also shared a plate of the Marquita Farm Baby Fava Beans done Tempura style. I guess it is Fava Bean season, because it has become a constant on many menus. This particular version stood out with an orange essence and a great batter.

I ordered the Dungeness Crab Salad with Little Gem Lettuce, Kumquats and an Avocado Vinaigrette. The crab was perfect and chunky, just like I like it. And there were plenty of chunks of crab meat on the plate. I shared a few bites of my salad in exchange for a few bites of Jake's Ricotta Gnocchi. It had Green Garlic, Fava Bean and Morel Mushroom Ragout. It was tremendous.

In terms of entrees, I selected the Organic Chicken which was done really good last night. The Parmesan Pudding that came underneath the chicken was pure poetry. I also got some nibbles of Jake's Watson Farm Spring Lamb dish. It had a lot of meat on the plate. Jake scooped up the Butter Beans, Artichoke and CasteIveltrano Olives to offer me the perfect bite.

I deserved the Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Strawberries and Shortbread Cookies. At least, that is what I told myself after 2 very hard workouts yesterday. And I am so glad I indulged. I also indulged in the Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies and Burnt Caramel Creme. I mean, how could you not eat anything that has salt and chocolate? You would have to be mad.

I must mention that they have Magnolia Prescription Ale on tap and 3 other great beers in a bottle. I had the Koshihik Ari Echigo as well and it really went well with the Fava Beans.

When the chef came out to talk to us about our meal, I concurred with Jake that it just gets better every time one goes to FRANCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment