Translate

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Knuckle Shocks Dallas and Visits a Starbucks




You are not going to believe this but I was grumpy at some point yesterday. I know right? Well anyhow, I succumbed to Starbucks and got a caramel macchiato. Which, by the way, is 270 calories if you order a grande. Random fact I wanted to point out. Hee-hee! I am pleased to report that I have visited Golds Gym Uptown twice now on my holiday. I think this Golds not only has great eye candy but also maintains a very clean (bathroom) gym. I had to focus and get in a good hour of exercise because were running errands for a soiree later on in the evening. So, I focused on cardio and the guilt from the Starbucks adventure, and watched the Ohio State game and kept the cruising to a minimum. We all headed to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the 2nd half of the game and I cruised straight college boys from Baylor. I passed on the tempting wings, opted instead for a tall wheat beer with my blackened chicken salad. My hosts pulled off quite a party in their new home later on in the evening. The caterer was a crowd-pleaser and treated us to delicious stuffed mushrooms and orzo pasta salads. Very addicting chicken and cheesecake were all on the repeat grabs when I frequented the buffet table. But the party's guests were the highlight of my evening. I was excited to see a bunch of familiar faces and to meet some new ones as well. Forward to brunch this morning at Bread Winners which actually lives up to their "Delicious Day or Night" motto. It is the hip hop happening spot for Sunday brunch. No inferred meaning to hip hop from a musical point of view, necessarily. But, the customers were quite eclectic, reminding me of a California vibe. We ordered a drip for my bud and I had a capp with a reeses cookie while waiting to be seated at a table. I just could not resist peanut butter cups in a cookie. WOULD YOU? Although, I was awfully tempted by the Blackberry Cream Cheese Sticky bun; but slapped my own wrist channeling Beth Grant in Sordid Lives. Brunch was tasty but the company was really the best part. I'd write more but I need a nap. Ron says we are going to coffee in about 45 mins. Perfect pow nap amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment